FlashWP Lite – Documentation & Tutorials
To install FlashWP Lite from WordPress Repository Navigate to:
Appearance > Themes > Add New
And type "FlashWP" in the search box located at the top right side. Once theme appears, click on "Install" Button and when theme installed click "Activate" button to start using FlashWP Lite right away.
To Install Manually, Download Theme Zip File and Navigate To:
Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload
Select Theme File and Install > Activate
1: Create a Menu
Navigate to Appearance > Menus
Set a Name for your Menu and click “Create Menu” button. Then Drag Items from the left panel and adjust them as you like. After you finished arranging them, select the “Primary Menu” location and save the menu.
Your menu will be applied at Main Menu location in the header.
2: How to Change/Set Logo
Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity
3: Customize Header Layout
Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Header
- Header Layout: You can show or hide Animated Ticker (Trending Topics). You can show or hide Social Icons in Navigation Entirely.
- Social Icons: You can set links for your social channels. If you want to hide an individual icon, just leave its URL field blank.
1: Create and Set Homepage & Blog Page
How to set Home & Blog Pages in WordPress – Steps
- Navigate to Pages > Add New
- Give your page a name like “Home”
- Select “FWP Homepage” Template from the right side (this guide is created using Guttenberg) But Template selection block available at the same location in Classic Editor as well.
- Then Create another page and name it “Blog”
- Select Default Template for this page
- Now Navigate to Settings > Reading
- Select the second option A static page (select below) in “Your homepage displays” section
- From The Dropdowns select the appropriate pages you just created. ie: Home for Homepage and Blog for Posts Page
2: Manage Homepage Blocks
After creating and setting homepage you need to make sure that you have used appropriate tags for the posts you want to show in different blocks.
The tags (use them without quotes):
- Featured Block: use “featured” tag
- Editorial Block: use “editorial” tag
- Featured Videos: use “featured-video” tag
- Latest Posts: This block shows most recent posts and does not require a tag
You can arrange the position and style of blocks from Appearance > Customize. Or even show/hide certain blocks as you like.
3: Changing the Limits of Posts & Block Headings
You can set how many posts a block should have from the customizer and you can also modify the headings on each block ie: Block Name.
- To change posts limit Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Homepage Posts Limit
- To Change Block Labels Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Block Headings
1: Single Post Layout
You can customize the layout of single post: Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Single Post
Use Toggles to show or hide certain blocks.
2: The Author Box
You can modify information for The Author block located at the right side of post content (above sidebar widgets).
Navigate to Users > Your Profile
1: Typography Settings
Customize Fonts of your website: Navigate to Appearance > Typography
At this point a very limited number of options are available but more in-depth typography controls will be added with new updates.
1: Color Scheme
You can customize the colors of your website: Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Color Scheme
At this point (initial release of our theme) there is basic color management is available at the moment and this guide will be updated when new color management options are added to this theme.
1: Footer Text & layout
You can customize the layout of the footer and text: Navigate to Appearance > Customize > Footer
- To modify text select “Footer Text” section
- To customize layout select “Footer Layout” Section